Sunday, October 3, 2010

* Adoption fundraiser success *

Yesterday I was on picture duty for the fundraiser, but I'll spare ya the whole montage of pics. First, let me tell ya it was a BEE YOU tiful day. Picture perfect! (wink, wink)

There were lots of things to do. Throw a football through a tire, golf putt, Plinko, toss the toilet paper into the toilet, cornhole bag toss, throw a dart and pop a balloon, ride a train (pulled by a John Deere lawnmower no less), go on a hay ride, spin the wheel for a prize, jump in the jumper inflatable thingy, pick a duck, toss a Mason jar lid ring onto Coke bottles, ride a horse (a real horse), throw baseballs at the milk cans and knock 'em over, get your face painted....plenty of stuff to do! 

I think Riley played every game, but this was my favorite pic of him. He's pretty special, and not just because he's so darn cute, but see, he's adopted, too. God blessed Lisa & Alan with this little sweetie in 2008! And we're thankful to get to be a part of his life, too. We like to have him come to our house and play. :-)


This little gal is Marle (pronounced Mar-lee) and our good friends Jason & Angela are in the process of adopting her. We pray for everything to move quickly, but God's time is always perfect. Marle will be 2 years old in December and is a great big blessing to her family. Isn't she a doll?!

I know Jonathan and Michelle will be thrilled when their two little ones are finally at home with them. The event raised about $2,200 so I think we can classify it as a big success.

Before I go, I hafta show ya a couple of clowns...my niece, Sasha, and her hubby Phil

No comments:

Post a Comment