Sunday, September 26, 2010


I've looked forward to something all week...but didn't want to spoil it for y'all. This weekend in Lebanon, Kentucky they had their annual Ham Days Festival. According to their website, it all started nearly 40 years ago with six country hams (and some people I assume haha)... Now they don't just serve ham, it's just the theme of their little festival. Anyhoo, the reason we were headin' up to good ole Lebanon was because Brandon was gonna be the live entertainment at the main stage. ROAD TRIP! It took us 2 hours to get there, but it was worth the drive.

First things first: park and find the stage. Check. Next: find food! Their website made me hungry. I think I read it every day this week. ha A funnel cake was the object of my affection. Got me one! Well, I shared it with my beloved. And might I add that Lebanon folk know how to make a mean funnel cake. Best I ever had!

Well, let me tell you a little bit about our good friend Brandon. See, he's distantly kin to me and he happens to be a real close friend of my hubby's, too. And you just gotta understand...Brandon doesn't get troubled or bogged down by time. He told us they'd be playing at 8. Um at 8 they weren't even on the premises. It was more like 9:15 or so when they finally came out and played. But yeah, it was worth the wait! They did mostly country, and even threw in one original song that Brandon wrote - it's a great one. Oh and thanks for throwin' in Let Her Cry! Love some Hootie!

We put our chairs close to the stage, which is good for those of us who are near sighted, but not so good on the ole eardrum, my ears were still ringin' this morning. But we had a great view of the band as well as the crazy folk who were dancin' in the street. Shucks, maybe I'm just a pinch jealous cuz I can't dance a lick!


Oh, and before you go and start thinkin' Brandon's really cool, here's a couple pics of him, his sis and me "back in the day" as they say. he he

Anyway, we had a good time and Brandon and his gang sounded great. One of these days when he's made it BIG we can only hope he remembers the little people...

No comments:

Post a Comment