Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Yes I remember 9/11

I'm sure everyone is sensitive to what day it is today. 



I have two friends who have birthdays on September 11th. 

That date didn't really mean much to most people until 2001. 

We all remember where we were when we first heard the terrible news. 

I was walking into my office and my coworker Darlene asked if I had heard. They immediately started showing it on the tvs throughout the building. 
And we watched. 
In shock. 
And with sadness. 
And fear.

I have a nephew who recently joined the Army. Makes the events of 9/11 have a different perspective for me. I can't imagine how terrifying it must have been for the spouses and family members that day as they watched their loved ones sacrifice to try to save innocent lives. Pride and selfishness all together I'd say. Somebody's gotta do it, they'll say. But why does it have to be my son? My husband? My sister? WHY? 

Some of the brave firemen, police officers and paramedics lost their lives saving others that day. 

We should be thankful there are folks out there who are willing to do this for us. And we should pray for the families they left behind. 

Because that spot at the dinner table will always be empty. 

Let us never forget. 
And God bless America. 


No comments:

Post a Comment