Thursday, November 22, 2012

Thankful Thanksgiving Blessings - post 1 of 3

Today is Thanksgiving. And I'm so thankful. For tons of people/things. Too much to list here.

I think I'm thankful but are we ever thankful enough? Probably not.

We celebrate Thanksgiving in our families on odd days. And by odd days I mean we don't get together on Thanksgiving day.

My sweet friend Brandi (whom I've worked with for the past 8 years) is a superb cook. And she's crafty, too. Yeah, one of those. ;-) I say she's like Martha Stewart and Betty Crocker rolled into one. Anyway her and her husband welcomed us for Thanksgiving last year and we ate ourselves silly.

So this year it was only fitting to do it again.

Not one but TWO fried turkeys (one was Cajun) and ham... I can't even list everything we devoured. But it was all super ultra ridiculously delish.  

And their sweet little 4 year old daughter asked me to color with her. Showed me her room. And her Christmas tree. Wanted to play with me. I was of course more than willing. I always end up playing with the little ones wherever we go. 
Isn't she a doll? 
Pretty sure she and Anthony hit it off...  

So thankful for great friends


And it was a BEAUTIFUL picture perfect day today too by the way - 64 and sunny. 

I should also mention that this morning we started our day off at Cracker Barrel having breakfast with my inlaws. Yum yum for some eggs, biscuits and gravy, bacon, hashbrown casserole, etc. etc. And my inlaws are great, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment