Sunday, September 2, 2012

Southern FAIR flair

You ain't Southern if ya don't like the county fair. 
Period.
We went a couple weekends ago with Anthony's step brother and his bunch. We kinda invited ourselves. Cuz you can do that with family. he he he

Taken with my iPhone and posted to Instagram and Twitter immediately thereafter. 
Follow me - I'm lyndy2t

We had to wait in line a while for Crazy Mouse, but Bryson wanted to ride it really bad. So we waited. And waited. And waited...
We waited so long Bryson got ants in his pants.
Not literally.
But I did have a mommy moment of sorts and told him to be patient (in my own Lyndy way) and he straightened up. He's just a little boy. And little boys get impatient. 

 One of these landed on Facebook as Anthony's profile pic :-P 

Who sits around and says gee, think I'll carve a guitar and some music notes on some wood and make it into a bench? Not me. But this guy is talented you have to agree. 

Sawyer sampled some of the ice cream the horses make. 
You don't understand this if ya ain't  been to the fair. 
What a shame. 
You don't even know what you're missin.
Like sweet tea, corn dogs, chocolate covered bacon, fried Twinkies and what not. Not that we had that. (wink, wink)

We ran into my friend Brandi (not pictured), her hubby and adorable daughter. Brandi, the gal who swore she was never taking her kid to the fair. Eatin those words. Yum yum ;-)
McKenzie is always my ride buddy. 
We ride EVERYTHING
Crazy daredevils! 
High atop the ferris wheel she decided to start talkin bout how they construct the thing and I told her to hush. I didn't wanna think about that. Makes me wonder how S A F E it is if I start thinkin bout it too much. 
 Because when you think of face painting, you immediately think blood pressure, I need to get my blood pressure checked. Um....
 Bryson had no fear - he rode everything he was tall enough to ride. He was the tiniest bit short for one or two rides and I said you should've worn tennis shoes instead of those flip flops. He said you forget, I don't get to pick!
 a view from the ferris wheel - looking toward the back half of the midway

Anthony and I went back another night just to eat. Well, we rode the swings, too. But chowing on the food was the main purpose. He had a sausage and I had a Philly. Then we shared a funnel cake like a couple of love birds. <3

 the ferris wheel is so pretty all lit up at night, yeah? 
 I took this shot because Anthony said he remembered picking up the duckies when he was little. Aww, that's just presh isn't it?! 
And MY MAN LOVES THE SWINGS. So that's what I'm leavin ya with.

No comments:

Post a Comment