Tuesday, June 19, 2012

a HAIR revealing

Well I'm sure you've all been dying to hear what my HAIR NEWS surprise is...

I got brave.

Off to the salon we go!
This is my natural hair color - I call it boring brown. Buh bye boring brown, buh bye.

Back in 98 or 99 I had some highlights, right around the time Anthony and I got married. I kept em up for a little while. But I got tired of em and my stylist at the time did the pull through the cap thing so I just kept getting blonder and blonder. Not cool.

I told Brittany I wanted it to be subtle, to look kinda like the sun did it. Nothing too obv.

Don't I look brave sittin in the chair?! 
Trust me, it's all an act.
I was a nervous nelly.

But I did it anyway!
And this here's 
the HIGHLIGHTED VERSION THAT IS ME TODAY. . . .

with two and a half weeks' growth, gosh time flies...

and here's the top, complete with crooked part and bird's eye view of my two crowns


a few side bars - 
  #1 I stink at takin my own pic. I see younger people doin it all the time. It LOOKS so easy. Yet it's not. These pics are ten kinds of terrible, but just pay attention to the hair and not the face, k?
  #2 If you have two crowns, you feel my pain, right? I mean seriously. Some days I feel like Alfalfa. 
  #3 I suppose I accomplished SUBTLE. Anthony didn't notice til Sunday (had it done on Friday) and that was only because Bridgett said somethin. He said I thought it looked like you had had it cut. Um no. *sigh*

So there ya have it folks. 

Nothing major, but it's the first time color has touched these locks since like the millennium. Y2K yo!

1 comment:

  1. Looks good. I like it. But I liked your "boring brown", too. :)

    ReplyDelete