Thursday, June 23, 2011

100th post ... hurrah for me!!!

Not sure if it's a good thing or a bad thing that this here is my 100th post since starting this lovely blogaroo... Am I overblogging? Underblogging? Or is my bloggy just right, like Baby Bear's porridge, chair and bed?


Well, lemme tell ya a quick story. I never watched the Wizard of Oz as a kid. Not sure why. Just didn't. Well, many moons ago I hung out a whole bunch with some distant cousins of mine (and their uber cool parents) and the little gal was just straight hung up on Oz. Watched it almost every day I think. Her name's Bridgett and yeah, I've mentioned her on this blog before. She's like 23 now, but still seems like a kid sis to me. We hang out cuz she's cool (like me). Anyway, I was in 9th grade I think and one day they threw the ole VHS tape in (or maybe it was on tv like it always was every year) of Oz. Well, when it came on it was in black & white. I thought this is lame and got up off the couch. I remember it like it was yesterday. Bridgett's dad ("Uncle Dave" is what I call him) snapped his fingers at me and said sit down, you're gonna watch this. I complied. Out.of.fear. ;-P So I watched it. And I loved it. When it turned to color, I was amaaaaazed. The story was wonderful. The music was great. And I wanted to be Dorothy. Cuz there's really no place like home.


Fast forward to today, June 23rd, in the year of our Lord 2011... me and Bridge decided we're gonna go see Wicked when it comes to town in a few months so today we bought us some sweet seats and that showtime ....
can't get here soon enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment