Sunday, January 2, 2011

2010...a brief glance back

I know the Bible says (in Phillipians ch 3) "...but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus." But.... at the end of 2010, I think the apostle Paul will forgive us if we glance back for a minute...


Until I really started "studyin' about it" I thought 2010 was kinda cruddy. But now that I've looked back on the year, it really wasn't too shabby after all.


In 2010...

1. I recaptured my goal weight, which involved starting the running thing again....it's so nice to NOT have indentions in my tum-tum from the button of my britches. hehe


                                             December 31, 2009        October 9, 2010


2. We finally got a really good snow (for the first time since we built our house in '07). And might I say it was AWESOME playing outside with Bryson, McKenzie and Dawson...and the grown ups, too. ;-)

3. I put a team together for the March Madness Basketball challenge at work... weather did NOT permit the REAL hoop challenge, so we had to play inside, which kinda stunk, but that probably contributed to MY TEAM WINNING. ha
I feel I owe you an explanation on our team name and "uniform." We were all "bald" (by virtue of a quick trip to a costume store for bald caps) to imitate (or is it emulate) our Senior VP who is naturally a "chrome dome." hehe We surprised him with our getups! He got a big kick out of it.
4. My friend Lisa (our high school choir teacher) asked me to sing in her choir show (for filler) and of course I took it to the next level once I knew it was a 60's themed show. Halloween only comes once a year, so any chance I get to dress up and be a little silly, I'm so there! We sang Please Mr. Postman and another friend of Lisa's was my emcee partner. We cracked the crowd up! Riley did NOT like Lyndy as a blond... he saw me, started backing up and said (with a frown) No, Lyndy, no...

 5. For the first time, I was involved with the production of our church's Easter drama. It was a lot of hard work, but it turned out great. Yes, that's a live cow you see and live birdies in cages, too. The foyer was transformed into a marketplace and really made people feel like they had stepped back into Bible time.
6. I helped raise some $$$ for Junior Achievement... got a team together at work for the annual bowlathon. That's literally the one and only time a year I bowl.
7. We had a newsworthy event...a FLOOD. Unfortunately, that morning we decided to try to 4WD it through the neighbor's yard to make it to church and by the time service was over, our road and even the main highway to our road was shut down, soooo we were stranded at Anthony's sister's house... thank Heaven for Dollar General. We ran by there to buy toothbrushes and pjs. Ha Oh well. It could have been much worse (and it was for many). We just lost a night at home and some gravel off our driveway because the creek got out, way out. 

8. I finally finished reading through every book of the Bible. Something I should have accomplished a loooong time ago.

9. 24 ended. We miss you Jack, come back! 


10. Anthony & I went to the Zac Brown band "eat & greet" fan club event. Pretty cool. Hangin' out and chatting with the band was fun. They're just nice fellas like you'd expect to see/meet in our neck o' the woods. Joey & Rory and Mac McAnally were there, too.

11. I played in the summer volleyball league at my work for the first time (after work in very humid heat). I had never played in the sand, so we won't talk about that game that had to be stopped so my coworker/coach could massage my feet and toes. Luv ya Nik!

12. One Friday night around 8, I got a call from a young friend of mine who was trying to find a fourth gal to go to Six Flags...b/c of buy 1-get 1 free tix. Totally not like me to be spur of the moment, but I figured I'd regret it if I didn't go. We drove down and back in the same day and rode tons of rides and sweated like pigs in the August humidity, but it was fun and I'm glad I went. Made memories with these cool cats.


13. I made zucchini bread...first time I ever attempted makin' bread and it was delish! Anthony's uncle (who lives next door to us) supplied the zucchini from his garden, and his aunt's recipe worked out great.
14. Skunk... sprayed our central unit... Need I say more?
Woke us up in the middle of the night stinkin' the house up so bad we literally hopped in the car and went to spend the night with my inlaws. It was awful. I can't begin to explain how putrid the smell was. It stunk for weeks. People at work could smell it on me the first couple days... ugh!

15. Riley spent the night with us for the first time. It was unplanned, but I was glad that line at the consignment sale was so long. hehe Sorry Lisa & Alan! 
16. I was asked to once again participate in a couple training videos for work, and as usual I brought down the house... in the retail video I only had a few lines, but in the orientation video, I was asked to be a server. It was going so well until... the glass of coke spilled all over my coworker. Oh well, accidents happen.

17. I started this here blog. Aren't ya proud?

18. Anthony and I went to the Vandy/SC football game (what fun!). Jump to my blog entry about it - Vandy/SC This was only my second college football game ever... I know, I should get out more. :-P

19. 2010 was the year I finally started balancing the checkbook again...haven't done that since like...uh, I don't even remember. Years...

20. We celebrated our 11th anniversary. Awww. It doesn't seem like we've been married that long in a way, but I sorta can't remember life without my beloved. I sure do think he's grand!

Well, folks, that's a wrap. 2010 was filled with fond memories and fun spent with friends and family. It was a hoot, and I hope 2011 is EVEN BETTER! 


1 comment:

  1. Looks like you had a great year! Here's hoping you have an even better 2011.

    ReplyDelete