Thursday, November 27, 2014

thankful Thanksgiving thoughts

I suppose I'm jumping on the thankful bandwagon that's running rampant on social media today. ;-) 

That's not so bad, is it? 

I am thankful. 

Thankful for a God I serve who knew me before I was formed in my mother's womb. 
God who loved me enough to send His only son to die for MY sins. 
God who forgave me of my sins when I knelt at an altar when I was 9 years old. 
God who loves me no matter what. 
God who promises me eternal life when my heart beats its final time here on earth. 

I could stop there. Because that's all that matters, isn't it? 
 

But I'm also thankful for my family. 
And lots more. 

Pretty sure we could all make a list of a thousand things we're thankful for. 

Here's my hope - that we can go past just saying we're thankful and actually show it. That we'd stop and say something pleasant to the cashier in the store even if we're in a hurry. That we'd send that text to a friend we have on our mind and say hey, I'm thinkin about ya. That we'd be intentional about showing the love and appreciation we claim to have in our hearts. Take time to show we really care. 

Because I have a feeling there are a lot of people out there who need just that. 

I'm thankful tonight for a lot. 
I hope you are, too. 

Happy Thanksgiving!


No comments:

Post a Comment