Friday, August 22, 2014

DIY sign for a friend with Cricut vinyl



This is a little wooden sign I made for my friend Bridgett. 
She just started teaching so of course she needed a sign with her name on it. Read about her graduation H E R E < - -

So my little daddy cut the wood for me and I painted it. It sits up on its own, but he also put a little hole in the back in case she wanted to hang it on the wall. 


I have a Cricut { everyone should have one } and I heard there was this vinyl stuff you could buy to use with it. 

So I bought some vinyl in a creamy oatmealish color at Michael's and lemme tell ya - it was so easy and I was pretty much mind blown. 

Here's a video that shows you how to do it - - > using vinyl on your Cricut

Let's pause and be thankful for youtube instructional videos. 

I wanted the sign to look distressed so I sanded it a bit, especially on the edges. 

Well that's pretty much it. 

Homemade gifts are the best, aren't they? 


No comments:

Post a Comment