Tuesday, March 11, 2014

why this day has been awesome

I'm sittin' on the porch listening to the peaceful sounds of country living and it's 60 degrees. 

Yes, SIXTY degrees at 9:30 on a March night. 

Anyway, this is my first time to blog from the porch. So there's that. 

I just want to tell you why this day has been awesome

First off, I had half the day off work. It was a gift from my boss. Ahhhh

I also had an exciting weigh in at my Weight Watchers class today. I recaptured my goal weight. 

Can I get a yee haw?! Or at least a courtesy clap.

It's taken me about a year to get here but I've worked hard and didn't give up. Ok, well I might have given up a week or two here or there, but overall I didn't give up. 

I went shopping after Weight Watchers and when you feel good about yourself, shopping is a little more enjoyable, ya know? I tried on several things and was even able to go down a size in a couple pieces. I might have done a tiny happy dance in the dressing room. ;-) 

ALSO, we got word today that our pastor (who was diagnosed with a rare, aggressive form of cancer a year ago) got another CLEAR SCAN from the doc. God is so good!

Did I mention the weather has been absolutely perf today?! 

When I got home I put on a tank and some shorts (it was 71 degreeeeees) and went out to the back yard and sat in a chair in the sun. I just sat there with my eyes closed soaking in the beauty of the afternoon and trying to get some color on these ghostly legs before capri season. Anthony poked his head out and said "are you really just sitting out here like that?" I said YES I AM and I AM LOVING IT! 

Next we went to our accountant and did our taxes and praise the Lord for a nice refund heading our way in about a week. Woot woot! 

We rounded out the day by going to our favorite eatery of late.. . . Chuy's! nomnom What's really cool about that is our friend Bridgett ended up joining us. Unexpected friend time! We chatted and laughed. And talked and laughed. And laughed. And laughed. It was soooo good. We don't get to hang out as much any more. She's busy student teaching and all. I even hugged her when we left. And you know I'm not much of a hugger. 

So now, this day is drawin' to a close and I'm out here on a gorgeous night listening to my sweet hubby play his guitar and blogging to you awesome people. 

I'm thankful for days like this. God sure has blessed us! 

No comments:

Post a Comment