Thursday, August 8, 2013

Halfway point of 2013... well kinda

A lot of times people make New Year's Resolutions and by the end of the month they're pretty much forgotten. 

I just flipped back through the posts I've made on my blog during 2013. 

I came across my January post where I talked about my plans for 2013. 
Here's T H E P O S T ;-)

In it I said this - - 
     In 2013 I plan to be more obedient. 
     I plan to serve more. 
     I plan to be the child my Heavenly Father can be pleased with. 
     I plan to be MORE in 2013 than I was in 2012.

So here we are a little past the halfway point of 2013 and I'm looking at these goals and thinking back to what I've accomplished so far this year as it relates to these goals.

In some ways I feel like I have been more obedient. But I also recall times I acted like a spoiled kid who didn't get her way. 

{Thank God for His grace.} 

I feel like there have been times this year God has been pleased with me. But I definitely am not the masterpiece He wants to carve me into yet. When it hurts and life is hard, I know my Master is chipping away at me. 

Onto serving more ...

Please let me rewind a bit to give this some context.

Last year when we started attending Long Hollow my friend Rhonda encouraged me to join choir (which I immediately did; no arm twisting required). Right off the bat she also told me I'd be great for summer camp. 

Planted that seed she did.

Well as summer was approaching, I had these straggling vacation days and the hub and I weren't planning a trip so... 

I started thinking about summer camp. 

Long story short, in June I ended up going to Middle School Camp as a counselor and 

E N J O Y E D  L O V E D 
E V E R Y
M I N U T E 
O F
I T ! ! ! !    


And of course I plan to go back again next summer. 

While I was at camp, my friend Pennie text me about teaching a class with her when the school year starts back. I told her I'd let her know. But I already knew. God was already working on ME even before Pennie asked me. 

On Sunday we started teaching a beautiful group of 6th grade girls. I'm so excited to see what God is gonna do with these girls.  

This year has really been a year of spiritual growth for me so far. I can't share all of it here, but know that it's an incredible journey that I'm pumped to be on! God has challenged me to get out of my comfort zone in a few areas. And He's so faithful to honor obedience. It's just awesome, that's all. 

So I guess to wrap up this post and say I certainly haven't done everything right so far in 2013 but when I reflect on a few things I feel victorious and blessed and thankful and... well you get it... 
I'm just glad to say I'm a child of the one true King (as the song says) 
Watch/listen here!


No comments:

Post a Comment