Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Niece's Baby Shower... PART II: A little DIY gift

Again with Pinterest... I'm not apologizing. It may be mostly a time waster but it does have perks!

Like this little project... 

I was inspired by this blogger (whom I found via Pinterest...swoon)
Blissfully Domestic 
Mine aren't as fancy, but I like how they turned out.

I bought my little wooden door hangers at Walmart in the craft area. My dad cut a notch in them and shortened them a bit (for looks, not entirely necessary). The notch lets you slip them off and on easily on your closet rod. (*Note: the blogger who inspired me chose to hang hers by ribbon)

I traced the shape of the hanger onto the back of a piece of scrapbook paper and cut out the paper.


Enter Mod Podge
Mod Podge has a million uses. This was only my third time to use it. A little goes a long way.

I just brushed a thin layer and then laid my scrapbook cutout on top and positioned it the way I wanted it.
You'll see my edges aren't perfect. But you get the idea.

Let them dry completely before adding your labels for clothing sizes.


And what do ya know, my Cricut came in handy again! 

I used it to cut all the numbers and letters. I used my "Don Juan" cartridge.  

I used a glue pen to glue each of the numbers and letters. 

And here's the final product!
Sorry I don't have a pic of them hanging in the twins' closet....if I can remember, I'll get a shot of that and post it here.

1 comment:

  1. If I remember I'll take a pic tomorrow and txt it to you so you can add it! :)

    ReplyDelete