Monday, December 17, 2012

MY very own birthday

Today is my birthday. Take a tour with me. 

This morning I opened my package that came from Florida, from my sweet friend Renee. She's the attorney I used to work for that I love dearly. Even though we haven't worked together for the last 8 or 9 years, we've remained friends. 
 She knows I love Mickey Mouse. And she works for the mouse himself... hehehe
Isn't this bag adorbs?!
And a girl can never have enough bags.

Renee also gave me the cutest card that is sorta polka dotted.... which makes me :-)

As I was about to rush off to work, I noticed an envelope and gifty from the hub...
The CD is awesome sauce btw.
And since he doesn't read my blog I'm gonna tell you what that card said. Cuz it made me teary eyed. And that's not an easy task.
   You're not only my wife - you're my best, most trusted and most special friend. 
   And for me, your birthday isn't only a day for celebrating a moment in time - 
   It's also a day for celebrating how beautiful and precious love can be. 
   Happy birthday with all my love
Then he signed it in cursive luv you Anthony
In printing, he wrote Yes, I forgot how to make a cursive "v" which made me giggle

He also tweeted me a happy birthday message that called me super cool and included this: I know turning 28 has been fun for ya ha 

He's such a cool dude. And I'm such a lucky girl. 

Movin on.

When I got to work, a package from my sweet friend Jan awaited me. A handmade (crocheted) infinity scarf. It's so soft and pretty. I know I'll just love wearing it. When it decides to be winter. lol 

My friend Brandi (also at work) is one of those thoughtful friends who hears every word ya say and gets you the gift you haven't asked for but you want. Yeah, so she gave me some things that I had mentioned liking and that was a super nice surprise.  Then she and the other gals - they carted me off to lunch, to the place of my choosing....

On the way, Juvonda had put several songs in her tablet to play in the car that had happy birthday in em... it was such a hoot! We sang along and danced on the way to the restaurant... 
where I had a delicious cheeseburger and this big hunka cake... 
 I think I liked it.. 

So it turns out they asked the restaurant to sing Happy Birthday to me, but instead they brought out this complimentary delicious chocolate cake. Suits me. 

Well, little did I know, the gals had a little cake for me back at the office... so yeah, I had two birthday cakes ... 
This one here was lemon - my fave! And somebody (probably Brandi) remembered that purple is my fave color. 
These gals rock! And I love em.
And yes, I'm wearing a tiara. Because I can. And it was my birthday. So there. 
It's an office thing... 

Tonight we went to watch Cullen play basketball. He's my nephew whose birthday was yesterday. And he and I have a lot of similarities... 

Little birthday rewind here. 

My sister-in-law bestie gave me a super cool ACS shirt Saturday to show my team spirit at the basketball games - no pic doggone it, but I'll get one soon because I'll be rockin that shirt a whole lot. One of those ya know... it has polka dots on it. What what?! 

My little momma gave me some smelly gifties. She knows I love Love Spell at Victoria's Secret. I don't think she thinks I stink. Lol She gave me some other great stuff, too. Cuz she loves me.

My sweet mother-in-law gave me a gifty Saturday night. Oh how I like these early birds! 
Now I just need some stuff to cut up and a craving for a chocolate chip cookie... I'm sure that will come very soon :-)

On Sunday Anthony took me to J Alexander's for my birthday meal. 

It looked like this - - 
 Fyi - their mac n cheese is out of boundssss
it's called "not your ordinary mac n cheese" and they are NOT kidding! 
 This pork tenderloin with Thai "bang bang" sauce was also off the chain


Had to get some carrot cake to go... 
after all, it was for my birthday

So that my friends, is a tour of my birthday today. 

It really was a great one. I'm so thankful to enjoy a birthday no matter the number I hafta claim... 
I have so many great friends and wonderful family members to enjoy it with... I surely can't complain. 

So blessed! <3 

No comments:

Post a Comment