Sunday, May 20, 2012

Soccer in the USA (by Kerby)

Kerby first tread on American soil on December 25th, when he and his little sister Kerlandy got off the plane with my brother and his wife. Adopted they were. 

Now, he's about to finish 7th grade and receive a Math award. He could speak English before he got here, but little sis, not so much. 

A lot has happened in 5 quick months. And lemme tell ya, I couldn't be a prouder aunt. And I don't think I could love em more than I do. 

I'm here to tell ya - they're a blessing to our family. 

Ok, ok, alright, enough of mushy Lyndy. Whew. She doesn't come out much. Thankfully.

Saturday we headed out to Kerby's soccer game. It was a hot day of course, but we had a spot in the shade. 
Michelle's sister Julie has two little girls (her youngest is beside Kerlandy here) Julie & I were BFFs when Dad pastored in Kentucky. Saturday the girls had their babies complete with strollers. Aww. Reminds me of me & Julie back in the day. Except we had Cabbage Patch dolls. Ah, the 80s.

Kerby's team played hard, but the game ended with a tie. 


Kerlandy & Avery played on the playground for a little while. 

Kerby made a goal attempt with his noggin (I think they call that a header in soccer, but I don't know the lingo so don't quote me on that). It barely missed. Oh well. I yelled "good try Kerby" and he looked over at me and said "thank you." Manners. Aww

After the game, we ran for a bite of lunch. Kerby's choice - Taco Bell 
Man, those cinnamon twists

In case ya haven't noticed, my family likes silly pics.  

After we ate, we went to my niece Sasha & Phil's apartment. They had just moved that morning from a one bedroom to a two bedroom. Upgrade! It was so cute and homey!
Could these little squirts be any dang cuter?! 
They gave Sasha & Phil's couch a run for its money. ha

Sasha & Phil don't have little ones yet. At least not human ones. They have two woof woofs. Spencer is a mini Doberman Pinscher they recently acquired. Joey is a Pomeranian. I'm not a dog person but I hafta admit they're pretty cute. Spencer licked my nose. 

I had forgotten how much the kids loooove Chapstick. Michelle said when you go to Haiti, you need to take plenty of Chapstick. They'll surround you at the orphanage if you whip out a tube of it. :-P 

When Kerlandy moisturizes her lips, it takes a whiiiile. Waiting... waiting... waaaaiting... you finally hear mom say ENOUGH!  
Mom & daughter. :-) 
Every time I take a pic of these two I think they could pass for sisters. 

Me & my bro. . . we're 10 years apart. I always like to remind him how he's a whole DECADE older than me.  he he he

We had a really fun day. Here's to more of those!

No comments:

Post a Comment