Friday, November 11, 2011

randomness

My hair stylist
I whacked all my hair off 2 1/2 years ago, right? When I did that, I went to a new stylist. So you'd think since I'm in there every 4-5 weeks for the last 2 1/2 years my hair sylist knows my head pretty darn good by now, ok? Well, during my most recent haircut she for the first time noticed my blond streak. Yeah, I have a blond streak on the left side of my hair, I was born with it, but it is kinda underneath so you don't see it unless I pull my hair back a certain way. My stylist thought it was gray. I laughed and said no, that's blond. She said are you sure? I said yeah, I've had it from birth... weird, huh? I was almost black haired as a newborn so thankfully this streak isn't on the top layer and down the middle or they mighta called me skunk.
 
Weird phone call
I used to have a 2004 Honda Accord. How I loved that car. But we traded it in late summer 08 when gas was over $4 a gallon. Needed somethin more fuel efficient. Got a Civic. So anyway, last Saturday my cell phone rang. It was a number I didn't recognize but I answered it anyway. The guy introduced himself and said he owns our Accord. Long story short, he got it for his daughter in college and the young guy who had it between us and him didn't put much mileage on it and if this guy decides to sell it, he's gonna call us. I would love to have my car back. Wouldn't that be crazy?! That may be like people who are married, get divorced, then get back together and remarry. It happens. Nutty!
 
Baby ducks
At work we have a beautiful campus of about 100 acres complete with lovely mature trees and ponds, etc. We also have Canadian geese, ducks, deer and turkeys that like to call our campus home. What about this - we have a set of new baby (itty bitty) ducks! I thought they were only born in spring. What's up with that?!
 
Cow out
On the way to work the other day there was a
big humongo ginormous
black cow out. He was having a time eating the grass on the other side of the fence. You know what they say... Well, I've seen this a few times on my morning commute through various plots of farm land. Who do you call about that? I've always wondered. It's not like I could stop, get outta my car and shoo him back into the fence.
 
Other random somewhat noteworthy stuff . . .
My nephew Cullen is now an 8th grader, about to turn 14, and playing basketball of course. I went to his 1st game the other night and my heart was warmed when he waved at me as we walked in, even though he was sitting with all his "cool friends." What a sweet boy.
 
The night of Cullen's game Anthony went to a concert with his uncle. That's a story I won't tell here. Let's just leave it at this - he says never again.
 
I love doing my running outside this time of year. Not only are the temps perfect, the scenery is right nice. 
 
The other night we wanted a pizza from Pizza Hut and when we got there they said it would be an hour before we got any food unless we ate the buffet. Bye bye Pizza Hut, you're not worth that kinda wait.
 
Cooler weather means CHILI TIME! I cooked a mean batch the other night when Anthony's sis came down to watch football. And some rotel, which I hadn't made in eons. Brownies for dessert with extree chocolate chips. Mmmm ... pausing while reminiscing <   >
 
Dad's in revival this week. They've had at least 1 person get saved and have had great services. Not sure when it's gonna end. Already gone longer than expected. PTL. Mom's home alone so we had her down for supper one night. Cuz I'm a good daughter like that. :-P I made poppy seed chicken. It was yummy even if I say so myself. We had corn on the cob, peas & mac 'n cheese (by mom), too.
 
Til next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment