Saturday, February 5, 2011

Why I'm apparently CRAZY

I just spent an hour on this... and it's for an eight year old... that is why I'm crazy!


This ain't no Hallmark card people - it's a one of a kind, Lyndy original...
much cooler than a thoughtless, store bought card

And of course you can't forget to doody up the envelope! Isn't the string on the ballon "blowin' in the wind" just presh?! I made the letters crooked on purpose btw.

I used some leftover scrapbooking ribbon, an extra pic of Dawson I didn't use on a scrapbook page, and my Cricut machine (a scrapbooking toy) was the source of the cute birthday cake (Stretch Your Imagination cartridge) and words in blue (Feelin' Groovy cartridge). The "Happy Birthday" phrase is in a birthday stamp set I have from Stampin' Up, as is the "Hand Stamped" cutie pie little stamp on the back.

I scrapbooked today so I guess I was in a crafty sort of mood. And didn't feel like running into a store for a generic birthday card. Is it just me or are most of the kid birthday cards a little cheesy?! Well, hopefully SOMEONE will appreciate the effort I put into this here card. ha


No comments:

Post a Comment