Monday, December 20, 2010

My birthday dinner

Last night we celebrated my birthday at Cheddar's. Alan, Lisa & Riley and Charles & Annette joined us, which was a last minute blessing. I've known Lisa since we moved here in '87, so she's seen me grow up pretty much. I've only known Annette the last several years from attending church together, and through that we've become friends. But I'm a-tellin' ya, both these gals are great friends and wonderful ladies I respect a whole lot. And their hubbies are all right, too. ;-) But I can't ever get the guys to pose up for a pic. ha


Riley sat with me part of the meal, and eating with a kid in your lap is an adventure when you're not used to it. But I reckon he's worth it. It was definitely more entertaining than usual. . . we played and hugged and counted the bricks on the wall and giggled. He's a sweetie pie! If I were a dishonest gal, I'd probably hafta steal him for myself.  
Anyway, I guess technically the celebrating is over... Anthony wants to go see that new Reese Witherspoon movie, but I'm not sure if it's really for my birthday or if it's just an excuse to go see (what promises to be) a good movie. Either way, I'm good.

No comments:

Post a Comment