Sunday, October 31, 2010

1st annual pumpkin carving...

I love my nephews, in case ya didn't know... besides the fact they're so CUTE (like their aunt) they're sweet boys. And my brother, he's pretty cool, too. The great thing is, he married a gal that became my best friend. Awww. Anyhoo, Friday night they came over and we had some grub and then I made the boys do a recipe all by themselves. It was homemade, from scratch-oh yeah, chocolate chip cookies. And here's the way it went -
 Ingredients? Check. Willing participants? Check. Let's do this~

 We halfed the recipe so Sissy (that's what they call me) snuck in some math along with the cooking lesson. hehe
Cullen was quick to inform me that he had used an electric mixer before. He did great with it. (Better than me, I must say...I'm such a messy chef...)
 Stir, stir, stir Camden!
 Plop and drop em on the cookie sheet!

 YUMMMM they were so tasty.


The next order of business was PUMPKIN CARVING! Well, Leslie and I ended up being the carvers. ;-)

Um, Les, you don't need to eat the goop from the inside of the pumpkin! That's gross! ;-)









We decided to carve 'em in the garage because folks, it was COLD Friday night! But sittin' on a concrete floor carvin' a punkin for 2 hours was worth it when ya see the final result...

And it took me FOREVER to get this pic of 'em glowing in the freezing cold, but I'm so glad I made the extra effort. Aren't they the coolest lookin' jack-o-lanterns ya ever did see?!

No comments:

Post a Comment