Wednesday, June 4, 2014

are we ever satisfied?

Ok, this is gonna be a kinda girly post. 

I was thinking the other day about my body shape. There are parts of my body I'm cool with. Other parts I fantasize about changing. Not that I would. But a girl can dream... 

Ok... If you're gonna make an apple pie, what's one of the most important ingredients? 
 

Apples!

Well you can't really make an apple pie with oranges, can ya? 

So why do we, as girls, get so upset when our apple-y body doesn't look right in the clothes that are made for a pear shaped body? 

One of the things I think we kinda miss the mark on is finding clothes to fit us. 

I see cute styles and pine for em, but then I stop and think hmm. . . that's probably not gonna work on me because (insert reason here). . . 

And while I'm on the topic, can we please stop measuring ourselves against Hollywood models and the like?

It's bad enough we compare ourselves to each other, but trying to look at your body next to someone who has a personal trainer, a chef that cooks most of their meals and doesn't live a real life... um cmon now! 
  
God made us all in His image. We aren't meant to all be a size 3. Some of us are tall, some are short. So what? 

Be happy with what ya got ladies! And play up your best features! 

Well, that's me on my soapbox for a minute. 

Carry on.

No comments:

Post a Comment