Monday, January 6, 2014

If I could turn back time... to Christmas

Don't shoot me for this late post. 

I meant to do it before now. Really I did.

I posted some stuff from MY side of the fam but not the hub's. Can't be leavin them out. 

So here goes. 

Anthony has only one sister. And she has a son. That's Christy and Dawson. 

I don't know if I've ever specifically mentioned it on the blog, but Anthony's dad died when Anthony was in 4th grade. When Anthony was in 6th grade, his mom remarried. A very good man named Terry. He has two sons that are older than Anthony. They lived with their mom by the time Terry married Anthony's mom. So anyway. That's the rundown for the hub's fam.

We got together the Saturday night before Christmas. 
To eat. 
And to give these kiddos some gifts. 
The nieces & nephews...  
       they're growin up. 


Probably the funniest thing this Christmas was when Kyle got some knives. He's W I L D when he opens his gifts anyway, but when he got the machete he had asked for he may have said something about being ready for the zombie apocalypse. 

Here he is with his dad. 
     And his deadly weapon.

As he headed out that night he mentioned something about chopping some trees. Poor trees.

Movin on. 

Somebody might love him some Alabama Roll Tide gear... 

We actually didn't get this stuff for Dawson - we got him an Alabama iPod case and iTunes gift card, but when he put on the shades and held up the shirt Joey & Jen got him, I just had to capture the moment. 

And what's not cute about this?!

A little brotherly sisterly love... or not

And some smiles & such ~

Oh and there might have been some hula hooping, too. 

Before you ask, no, I don't know why Bryson needed to take his shirt off. And I don't even know how we ended up hula hooping. And yes, you know I had a turn, too. 
And it was almost as bad as when I try to dance. Thankfully there are no pics or vids of it. One perk to bein the unofficial family photographer I s'pose.

We sure did laugh a lot. I won't name names here but let's just say we all don't have the talent of hula hooping. {cough cough Janice} 

That night the weather was a little sketch. So before the night was over, we ended up piled in the storm shelter. 
14 of us... 

{cell phone pic}

Thankfully the weather didn't get bad. Just some wind & heavy rain. 

  So that my friends was Christmas with the hub's family pretty much.

Good times. Good times indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment