Thursday, January 12, 2012

Sunday & my daddy

You might 'member me tellin' ya about my sweet daddy deciding to stop the pastoring full-time scene and go into full-time evangelism. Maybe you don't. It's okay. I know you have a lot to keep up with. For a memory refresher - the leaving story :-(

Well, this week he's been preaching a revival close by (FINALLY) and we were able to slip away from our church to go hear him. We went Sunday morning and surprised him. Cuz I'm sneaky pete like that. I think he was glad too because after service he hugged me and cried. He's a crier sometimes. It's sweet. 

The guy who pastors this church came to our church before he started pastoring and we've known him and his fam only for like ever. They're good people.


Well actually Anthony's kinda kin to the pastor, but where we come from aireebody's kin to aireebody.


Anyhoo, the pastor asked us to do the music for one night of revival. It was so fun (yes it is fun to serve God) and the atmosphere in the service was just wonderful. We went every night except one and really enjoyed hearing Dad preach and being with him and Mom in service together. We haven't been together in church since September. 
 yeah this is a fake posed pic - I try not to disrupt service with flash photog ... I have a smidge of common sensoroni
SPOTLIGHT ON BW (boom boom) Can't leave him out - he was kinda hidden in the group pic. 
Wouldn't want him gettin' an inferiority complex 

James 5:14 Are any of you sick? You should call for the elders of the church to come and pray over you, anointing you with oil in the name of the Lord.


If the weather hadn't gone all JANUARY SNOWY on us, we'd a been there tonight again. Oh well. It was real good while it lasted. Real good.


I'm so very blessed to have parents that have always lived a great example in front of me and took us kiddos to church and taught us about God. Cuz I'm tellin'  ya, there are days that God carries me. I can't imagine Him not being a part of my life. And it all started with the two folks I call Mom and Dad. 



No comments:

Post a Comment