knows how to do breakfast, ya hear me?
Phase 1 - Christmas breakfast December 17th with the uncles and cousins, etc.
That's right. We southerners know how to eat in the mornin. Country ham, sausage, bacon, sausage balls, homemade gravy and biscuits (none of the canned prepackaged junk), scrambled eggs and some other stuff I just can't 'member. I do 'member bein real full though. (groan)
Little uns are so fun at Christmas. Anthony's cousins have some cuties, too!
Significant event alert: Dawson lost a tooth at breakfast.
Phase 2 - Christmas with the immediate fam December 23rd
- Kendall got a Kindle tee hee
- Kyle screamed like a banshee when he opened his PSP (somethin he's wanted forever)
- McKenzie unwrapped an empty paint bucket - Christy's gonna paint her room cuz Kenz has a baby brother on the way who's about to kick her outta her room
- Bryson piled up the Christmas wrap like you do fall leaves and jumped into the pile a few times
- Christy brought the boyfriend... we really thought he was make believe for a while cuz she ain't been bringin' him around the fam. You know, like an imaginary friend.
- Dawson acted kinda weird most of the night - maybe because the boyfriend was there ??? Idk, I can't call it, but I did ask Christy if he had taken goofy pills before he got there
- Terry got a fast money changer (think Sonic car hop)
- Janice referred to wine as being used for municipal purposes... upon further discussion and much laughter, I straightened her out, she retracted her statement and said it was sometimes used for medicinal purposes, but not before sayin "Aw crrrap, this is gonna go on Lyndy's blog." Yep, true dat mom-in-law, true dat.
- Anthony, Bryson and Dawson had a Nerf gun fight. Perhaps war would be more appropriate... the battlefield was the entire house...
Good times. Good good times.
We make the kiddos huddle up for a pic for Janice before opening gifts. Yeah, it's kinda like bribery. This year Janice wanted em in front of the tree.
You gotta do the silly pic. It's a must.
Loyal readers - check back for the recap of MY SIDE OF THE FAM.