Sunday, September 11, 2011

A little visitor

An adorable little boy called me Friday night.
It went somethin like this -
Are you ready for me?
Yes!
See you in a few minutes. Adios!

While I cooked dinner, the boys hung out on the porch for a spell. We had one of those new Velveeta cheeseburger mac meals (a glorified Hamburger Helper...Riley had two bowls!)

Riley brought lotsa toys and we played with em all.
    Then we attempted "Superman"



I think you can tell we both had fun...giggles all around

Mom informed us of his 8:30 bedtime. riiiight... I told her when the Carver brothers are over, we let them stay up really late. She said he should be in bed by 10:00 because they had a "big day" planned for the next day. So around 9 we started turning lights off and gettin cozy on the couch watching Spongebob. Riley yawned really big one time and I asked him if he was tired, to which he of course replied no (and buried his head in my shoulder to cuddle). I forgave him for that lie. ;-) We went to bed at 10:00 on the nose. He was asleep within 10 mins. Promise!
ANNNND the next morning at 6:36 am somebody popped up and smiled big as the cheshire cat. He started to wiggle out of the bed and I said Anthony's at work. He frowned a smidge and curled up next to me for a few seconds. Then he looked at me in his sweet 3 year old politeness and said Can I go play? I said yeah! And into the living room we went. Shortly thereafter, I served him the breakfast of all breakfasts - sugary cereal in a baseball cap shaped bowl. Wow, I'm a great role model. Don't you want to send your kids to me?

When Mom arrived for the dreaded pick up, Riley cried a bit. Riley's in pre-school now and she had told him Friday if he was good, he could come to our house. He asked her if he was good next week if he could come again. I like it that we're considered a reward, a prize even. I guess that means we're fun and cool, right? lol Anyway, he just keeps learning more and more at school and with his (teacher) mom. When Lisa picked him up, they read a book together and Riley was able to read several of the small words (e.g. fish, the, more, of).

Before ya turn around twice, this little guy will be half grown. I'm tellin ya time just goes by too fast. One of my nephews is turning 20 next week. TWENTY! That's two decades people. Ugh! I guess my point is, if ya have little ones, cherish these sweet little times cuz they're precious.

No comments:

Post a Comment